Weddings / Facility Rental
Have your wedding at a historic site that offers a unique and beautiful setting, specifically suited to celebrate your wedding day. The Island offers romantic gardens and an elegant pavilion. Whether you want to provide a feeling of days past or celebrate your marriage in a truly enchanting garden, our staff is prepared to meet your every need and attend to every detail, helping you create memories for a lifetime.
Wedding Gazebo & Celebration Pavilion
Couples may use the Wedding Gazebo and Celebration Pavilion to create the event of your dreams. So, allow your imagination to wander, the possibilities are endless. The timeless history and unmatched beauty of Windmill Island Gardens are reserved exclusively for you!
Natural Photo Backdrop
Your dreams and personal style dictate the final masterpiece....your wedding day. Our natural photo backdrop consists of gorgeous lush gardens, lakes and canals, and historical landmarks. You will enjoy endless beauty to help capture the very essence of your magical day. Our venue offers more than your imagination can even conceive and is a photographer's dream come true.
We wish to make this special time for you and your families enjoyable and memorable.
Wedding Package Includes:
- Beautiful Outdoor Setting
- Ceiling Fans for Excellent Comfort Control
- Complimentary Entrance to Windmill Island Gardens for Guests
- Complimentary Parking for Guests
- Gorgeous Wedding Gazebo for Ceremony
- Inclusive Set-Up and Take Down
- Manicured Floral Gardens
- On-Site Bride and Groom's Rooms
- On-Site Facility Attendant for Rehearsal, Ceremony, and Reception
- One-hour rehearsal for those having their ceremony at the Island
- Round Tables for Seating up to 8 Guests
- White Wedding Chairs for Ceremony
- White Wedding Chairs for Reception
- White Wedding Pavilion with Draped Fabric Lining
- Saturdays - $3,300 with a $100 cash/check discount
- Sunday through Friday - $2,900 with a $100 cash/check discount
- Up to 250 guests
Mid-May through September
We have an approved list of caterers to choose from for your wedding.
At Windmill Island Gardens, beer and wine are allowed to be served. However, it has to be served by one of our approved beverage providers.
View our gallery of weddings that have taken place at the Windmill Island Gardens.
Tours of our venue are available by appointment only. With a tour reservation only, you will be allowed onto the Island and will be able to take a walk through of the Celebration Pavilion, the Wedding Gazebo, and view the surrounding gardens and grounds, weather and season dependent.
At that time, we will be happy to address any additional questions or concerns you may have. This visit generally takes about an hour. To make a reservation, please email our Event Specialist, Julia Johnson or call 616-355-1036.
We look forward to helping you create your Wedding at Windmill Island Gardens. Best wishes!