May 30, 2022
Memorial Day Parade
Monday, May 30, 2022
CITY OF HOLLAND
TEMPORARY TRAFFIC CONTROL ORDER
Order No. 2022-T-00008 Effective Date May 30, 2022
(when official traffic control signs or devices conforming to this order are erected.)
In accordance with Section 18-16 of the Holland City Code, the following traffic regulations are issued:
In connection with the Memorial Day Parade on Monday, May 30, 2022, the following streets will be closed and parking thereon prohibited. NO Parking will be allowed from 4:00 a.m. until 12:00 Noon and the following streets will be closed from 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 Noon -
Central Avenue, between 6th and 8th Streets
16th Street, East from Columbia Avenue to Century Lane
8th Street, between Central and Columbia Avenues
Columbia Avenue, between 8th and 17th Streets
Fairbanks Avenue, between 14th and 16th Streets
Parade will begin at 9:30 a.m. on 8th St. at Central Ave.; continue east along 8th St. to Columbia Ave.; south on Columbia to 16th St. and then east on 16th St. to Pilgrim Home Cemetery.
- Sponsor will pay for Reserve Officer(s) and for police cruisers needed during the event.
- If sponsor needs barricades and/or parking restriction signs, there will be a fee charged, minimum of 1 hour. Applicant will contact HPD for rate schedule for reserve officers, barricades, and/or cruisers.
- All participants 12 yrs & under must be accompanied by an adult throughout the event.
- Event sponsor will be responsible for the posting & removing of all signs and/or debris associated with the event.
- Event sponsor will contact other organizations holding events along the route (if there are any) so as not to interfere with other venues.
- No painting is allowed on the sidewalks or on the roadway.
- HPD will be notified of cancellations/changes that may occur by contacting Sgt. Boeve at 355-1737 during normal business hours.
- Event sponsor may also provide volunteers at some intersections; volunteers shall wear a reflective vest.
- All slow participants not able to keep up with the main body of parade must move to the sidewalk and cross only at intersections obeying all traffic control devices.
Special Instructions –
Issue Date: 02-23-2022 Expiration Date: 05-30-2022
Keith Van Beek email@example.com
City Manager Requestor