March 11, 2023
Temporary Traffic Control Order for 2023 St. Patrick's Day Celebration
Saturday, March 11, 2023
CITY OF HOLLAND
TEMPORARY TRAFFIC CONTROL ORDER
Order No. 2023-T-00003 Effective Date March 11, 2023
(when official traffic control signs or devices conforming to this order are erected.)
In accordance with Section 18-16 of the Holland City Code, the following traffic regulations are issued:
On Saturday, March 11, 2023, West 8th Street will be closed to traffic in the Farmer’s Market area between Maple and Pine Avenues. Hours of closure will be 11 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. At that time this area will be used as a staging and formation area for the St. Patrick’s Day Parade.
Parade will start in the Farmer’s Market area and then proceed East up 8th Street to Columbia Avenue. Police personnel will assist with traffic control at intersections. No traffic will be allowed on 8th Street for the duration of the parade.
Special Instructions –
- Sponsor will pay for Reserve Officer(s) to assist in the run/walk/parade/event. A minimum of 2 hours each at their current rate, depending on selected route. If the run/walk/parade/event occurs on a holiday then the cost will be at their current holiday rate, depending on the route. The sponsor will also cover costs for police cruisers needed during the event.
- If sponsor needs barricades and/or parking restriction signs, there will be a fee charged, minimum of 1 hour. Applicant will contact HPD for rate schedule for reserve officers, barricades, and/or cruisers.
- All participants 12 yrs & under must be accompanied by an adult throughout the event.
- Event sponsor will be responsible for the posting & removing of all signs and/or debris associated with the event.
- Event sponsor will contact other organizations holding events along the route (if there are any) so as not to interfere with other venues.
- No painting is allowed on the sidewalks or on the roadway.
- HPD will be notified of cancellations/changes that may occur by contacting Sgt. Boeve at 355-1737 during normal business hours.
- Event sponsor may also provide volunteers at some intersections; volunteers shall wear a reflective vest.
- All slow participants not able to keep up with the main body of parade must move to the sidewalk and cross only at intersections obeying all traffic control devices.
Keith Van Beek firstname.lastname@example.org
City Manager Requestor