May 6, 2023 - May 14, 2023
Temporary Traffic Order for Tulip Time Events
Saturday, May 6, 2023
CITY OF HOLLAND
TEMPORARY TRAFFIC CONTROL ORDER
Order No. 2023-T-00006 Effective Date May 6 – 14, 2023
(when official traffic control signs or devices conforming to this order are erected.)
In accordance with Section 18-16 of the Holland City Code, the following traffic regulations are issued:
During the period from Saturday, May 6 through Sunday, May 14, 2023, the Public Safety Division is authorized to regulate parking, traffic flow, the erection of signs and barricades, as necessary, and close streets and alleys during ALL Tulip Time events and related activities.
For a complete Tulip Time Schedule please visit http://www.tuliptime.com/
- Sponsor will pay for Reserve Officer(s) and for police cruisers needed during the event.
- If sponsor needs barricades and/or parking restriction signs, there will be a fee charged, minimum of 1 hour. Applicant will contact HPD for rate schedule for reserve officers, barricades, and/or cruisers.
- All participants 12 yrs & under must be accompanied by an adult throughout the event.
- Event sponsor will be responsible for the posting & removing of all signs and/or debris associated with the event.
- Event sponsor will contact other organizations holding events along the route (if there are any) so as not to interfere with other venues.
- No painting is allowed on the sidewalks or on the roadway.
- HPD will be notified of cancellations/changes that may occur by contacting Sgt. Boeve at 355-1737 during normal business hours.
- Event sponsor may also provide volunteers at some intersections; volunteers shall wear a reflective vest.
- All slow participants not able to keep up with the main body of parade must move to the sidewalk and cross only at intersections obeying all traffic control devices.
Issue Date: 03-22-2023 Expiration Date: 05-15-2023
Keith Van Beek Sgt. Jon Boeve @ HPD
City Manager Requestor