September 4, 2023
Temporary Traffic Control Order for 2023 Labor Day Truck Parade
Monday, September 4, 2023
CITY OF HOLLAND
TEMPORARY TRAFFIC CONTROL ORDER
Order No. 2023-T-00008 Effective Date Sept. 4, 2023
(when official traffic control signs or devices conforming to this order are erected.)
In accordance with Section 18-16 of the Holland City Code, the following traffic regulations are issued:
On Monday, Sept. 4, 2023, The Holland/Zeeland Community Labor Day Truck Parade Foundation will be hosting a Labor Day truck parade through the streets of Zeeland and Holland. Parade will begin at approximately 9 a.m. at 855 Main Street in Zeeland. Both Zeeland and Holland Police Departments will escort the trucks to Holland via Chicago Dr to E 8th, west to Pine Ave, South to 9th St., West to Maple and North on 7th St. ending in the Holland Civic Center North parking lot.
Traffic flow will be delayed or rerouted around the parade route as directed.
- Sponsor will pay for Reserve Officer(s) and for police cruisers needed during the event.
- If sponsor needs barricades and/or parking restriction signs, there will be a fee charged, minimum of 1 hour. Applicant will contact HPD for rate schedule for reserve officers, barricades, and/or cruisers.
- All participants 12 yrs & under must be accompanied by an adult throughout the event.
- Event sponsor will be responsible for the posting & removing of all signs and/or debris associated with the event.
- Event sponsor will contact other organizations holding events along the route (if there are any) so as not to interfere with other venues.
- No painting is allowed on the sidewalks or on the roadway.
- HPD will be notified of cancellations/changes that may occur by contacting Sgt. Boeve at 355-1737 during normal business hours.
- Event sponsor may also provide volunteers at some intersections; volunteers shall wear a reflective vest.
- All slow participants not able to keep up with the main body of parade must move to the sidewalk and cross only at intersections obeying all traffic control devices.
Issue Date: 03-22-23 Expiration Date: 09-04-23
Keith Van Beek email@example.com http://truckparade.org/
City Manager Requestor