You pay taxes based on the taxable value of your property.
- Tax Bill = (Taxable Value / 1,000) x Millage Rate
An example calculation is as follows using sample values and rates:
- 55,000 taxable value / 1,000 = 55 x 33.8102 mills = approximately $1,860 (using the millage rate with Principal Residence Exemption)
A mill is $1 per $1,000 of the taxable value of your property. This sample calculation does not include:
- The 1% administration fee collected by the City
- Any special assessments that may be assessed against your property
- Any delinquent utilities that may be added to your bill