How do I apply for a Principal Residence Exemption?

It is simple to apply for a Principle Residence Exemption. All you need to do is visit our website, print and return to us the necessary form (PDF) or you may stop in to our office and pick up a copy of the form. Fill it out as completely as possible and be sure to sign and date it. There is currently no fee associated with filing of this paperwork. 

Filing is not mandatory, but in order to receive the exemption, it is necessary to do so. Call us if you have any questions at 616-355-1350, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Show All Answers

1. How can I obtain Information for properties in Holland?
2. When are tax bills sent out and when are they due?
3. How is my tax bill calculated?
4. What if I cannot pay my entire tax bill by the due date?
5. What type of payments do you accept for paying my taxes?
6. What is the process if I decide to pay my tax bill using my credit card?
7. How do I change my mailing address?
8. What is a Principal Residence Exemption (PRE)?
9. How do I apply for a Principal Residence Exemption?
10. What is my tax bill savings having a Principal Residence Exemption?
11. When do I need to Rescind my Principal Residence Exemption (PRE)?
12. I believe my Assessed Value is too High. What can I do to get my Assessed Value reviewed?
13. What is True Cash Value (TCV), Assessed Value (AV), State Equalized Value (SEV), and taxable Value (TV)?
14. Why is my Taxable Value, and thus my taxes, more than the previous owner had paid? What is Uncapping?