When ready for an inspection, please call Community & Neighborhood Services at 616-355-1330. A minimum of 24 hours’ notice is required.
When requesting an inspection, please provide:
- Complete Job Address
- Permit Number
- Name of Contractor and Person Requesting the Inspection
- Type of Inspection and Date of Inspection
- Contact Phone Number
Inspections are conducted for the following permits: Building, Electrical, Mechanical, and Plumbing. No work shall be concealed until it has been inspected.
From time to time the inspector will not be available due to vacation, sick time, code conference attendance, city meetings, court appearances or other duties. Building, plumbing and mechanical inspections will be scheduled between 9:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Set up an Account on Access My Gov
- The first step is to register as a contractor by creating an account.
- You will receive an email.
- Select the link in your email to activate your account.
- Log into the website.
- Go to "View My Activity".
- Use the yellow "Link Account" on the left and enter the Personal Identification Number (PIN) provided in your letter or call our office at 616-355-1330 and we will link your account for you.
If you are a new contractor to the City of Holland, please fill out a Contractor Registration Form (PDF). You will then get a PIN number that you will need in order to complete the steps.